So I’ve been craving oysters for a while. There are not many places in our area where we can get oysters, so we decide to venture out to Campbell and check out Forthright Oyster Bar & Kitchen.
They have Happy Hour from 2pm – 5:30pm on Sundays, which include $1.50 oysters! We arrived a bit early, so we sat at the counter top and ordered two Bloody Mariscos (bloody mary with clamato, a shrimp, and an oyster) and a couple of Oysters that our waitress recommended. The Bloody Mariscos were great! Awesome flavor. And the shrimp that was on the drink was DELICIOUS. Whatever they seasoned it with, I want like 2 dozen shrimps with that same seasoning. SO GOOD! Out of the oysters we had before HH, we enjoyed the “Fat Bastard.” It had great flavor and was a great size.
As soon as it struck 2pm, our waitress took our order:
- Chug ‘n Chows – ($14) 2 fried oyster tacos with a shot and a PBR. The tacos were OK. It was a fried oyster, red onion, and a chile verde sauce on top of flour tortillas. There was something just bland about the tacos. The order was supposed to come with a shot of tequila, but we ended up with a shot of Four Roses Bourbon.
- Crispy Fried Oysters – ($9) The order typically comes with 3 oysters; however, if there is a small oyster in the batch, they’ll throw in another small oyster. In our case, we received 4 oysters. The oysters came with a green chili sauce that you can taste the vinegar. I liked the sauce, my BF on the other hand is not a fan of vinegar. Instead, he dipped his fried oyster into the Oyster Pan Roast sauce and BAM! Magical!
- Oyster Pan Roast – ($8) Country Toast that was cut into 3 slices with oysters on each slice, topped with bacon and a cream sauce (with Tabasco and fresh horseradish). The sauce was AMAZING. I can dip everything into it! The Crispy Fried Oysters tasted better with this sauce. We were even thinking of having oysters on the half-shell topped with this sauce and then add panko breadcrumbs and baked. YES!
- HH Oysters – ($1.50/ea) I don’t remember which ones were part of HH but they were really great!
- Tom Collins – ($5) Ford’s Gin, lemon, simple syrup, and soda. SO good! Very dangerous as you can barely taste the gin, but you know it’s there.
- Paloma – ($7) tequila, grapefruit, lime. The paloma was OK. Not the best, but it was still tasty.
I honestly enjoyed my time here. Our waitress was great (her name is Synnova). She had a great vibe and attitude. I enjoyed her presence. Her suggestions were awesome! The other workers were so nice. Such a laid-back atmosphere. I just had a great experience and I’ll definitely be back!