One of the activities we were able to add on to our Camp BC experience was Beer Tasting. Outpost Brewing Co. is located on Basecamp Hotel Tahoe South’s property. They’re open daily from 2:00 pm to 10:00 pm. They specialize in craft beers and have a very chill and cozy ambiance. I love their rustic look and the fact that they have indoor and outdoor seating with fire pits! Perfect for roasting marshmallows!
During Beer Tasting, we were able to sit down with the brewers and sample a flight of 6 4oz tasters of their latest beers:
- EZPZ Lemon Wheat (4.6% ABV) – love the lemon in this beer! Very freshing and easy to put down
- Buried Hatchet Amber (4.7% ABV) – My favorite beer out of the flight. Caramel smoothness. I don’t typically go for amber ales, but this was great!
- Horchata Stout (4.6% ABV) – You can taste the cinnamon and vanilla notes. I enjoyed it, but I don’t think I could finish a pint of it (I tried to during dinner the night before and it was a bit much for me)
- The Pale King (4.6% ABV) – For the life of me I don’t remember the Pale Ale. Not saying it wasn’t good, BECAUSE IT WAS (I finished my taster) but it’s just not registering in my head.
- Rowdy Rudy’s IPA (6.6% ABV) – named after one of the brewer’s dog! The strongest beer they had on tap the when I was there. The IPA was delicious and a must-try!
- The Town’s Cider – This was one of their rotating ciders from a local spot. Crisp. Clean. SUPER EASY to put down… which can be dangerous!